Re: Closing thread unresolved: JAWS problem on new HP laptop

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:24:02 -0600

Chip (and all),
Here is the info from the event log.  I didn't pass it along before because
it was sitting in a text file on the HP and at the time I'd had enough of
the HP so didn't really feel like booting it up to get the file.  Also, I
should mention that I did look back through the event logs and don't see any
error or warning around the time of the other crashes, so understand what
you are seeing in this error was not logged before after the other crashes.
Here is the info:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date:  3/16/2005
Time:  4:07:28 PM
User:  GREG64N\Greg Epley
Computer: GREG64N
The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.

Chip, there is a reason as to why I haven't returned the HP for diagnostics,
but I prefer not getting into that.  It is not that the system is stolen or
anything like that, but I do want to leave any returning of the system to HP
as a very last resort.

I doubt running the demo of WindowEyes in small, 30 minute increments would
tell me anything useful.  After these recent changes I made, the system
showed no signs of instability for longer than it ever has, and yet late
yesterday afternoon it just suddenly seized up with no warning, and I wasn't
even typing fast or anything at the time - it just seized up and that was
that.

Read on to the other thread response for more.
-Greg