Re: Citing Web Links

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:31:21 -0900

I know most people just use the URL of the youtube page.  There are
also a few media protocols (alternatives to the http:// portion of a
URL) that will directly launch media players for streaming content for
example.

Giving the full address of the page where media is hosted is likely
the easy answer in most cases.

On 1/19/10, William L. Houts <cadexi@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> How do you include a Web media link in an email?  For instance, if I want
> the recipient to hit return on my link and have the movie or sound clip
> start up automatically, how do I cite the link?  I know I could justtell
> them to, say, go to You Tube and what to enter into the search field but I'd
> rather not put my contacts to that sort of trouble.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Bill
>

> --Bill
>

> ----