RE: Changing from a dongle to ILM authorization

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:00:29 -0700

Hi Chris and others,
I am seriously considering going to the dongle authorization.
I use two computers and may get a new laptop so I have not loaded JAWS 11 as
yet.
Somehow the old floppy authorization did have its benefits. (LOL)
If you were going to upgrade the operating system, reformat or whatever you
could pull the authorization off the hard drive and put it back on the
floppy.
Only once in the past 16 or so years I have been using JAWS I had to request
more authorizations with the old system.
When trying to install JAWS 9 with the new wonderful system I managed to go
through all three authorizations because there was a problem with the JAWS 9
CD install.
I do not have the answer but, surely, there must be a better common sense
solution to this problem.
Since things on a desktop such as CD/DVD drives, sound cards, video cards
and such  tend to change with some frequency having the "footprint" of the
computer linked to the authorization seems to be a genuine nuisance.
Cy, The Anasazi