Re: Centering Title in Out Look Express

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:33:25 -0800

Might be useful if I mention one thing that may not have occurred to anyone
in the thread yet.  And that's that these formatting capabilities in one's
email program depend entirely on the program being set to compose and send
email in HTML or Rich Text, which enables the user to choose from a number
of font styles and sizes, do paragraph formatting such as centering text,
and so forth.  I know that for many blind and low vision people, and on some
mailing lists, plain text is the standard for email.  And plain text can't
be used this way.  It will just use one default font style and size, such as
Courier New 10 point, and that's all.  No enhanced fonts, no centering, none
of that.

So, anyone who knows that they're using plain text will know that none of
this under discussion is possible for them.