Can't install Jaws

  • From: "Melanie Clouser" <MC319@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:26:15 -0300

Dell finally fixed my laptop. It took 2 motherboards, reformat of the drive,
reinstall of Win XP Pro and all the drivers.  Now, Jaws won't install!  The
initial setup screen pops-up. I depress the "setup" button. The musical
interlude is heard. Then, the error pops-up. It says an error occurred while
trying to modify the video-chain ... DCERRIDD cannot be found.  What's that and
where do I find it?  The version of JAWS that I'm installing is 6.0 ... merely
because that's the last disc I received. Once that's installed then I can go
download the recent updates.  Can anyone help? The video chain intercept screen
doesn't pop-up so that I can run that.  Jaws just stops installing once that
error pops-up.  Please help ... anyone?

Melanie