RE: Cant get in to attachments

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 01:01:57 -0500

You didn't say, but my guess is that you are using Outlook or Outlook
Express.
If my first guess is right, then I'm pretty sure the remainder of my
guesses are right too.
Outlook, if the sender uses either HTML or RTF format for sending,
distributes attachments within the body of the message as icons.  This
is very frustrating.
Here is the fix, though it has to be applied on a message-by-message
basis:
1.  Convert the message into plain text with control plus shift plus
"O".
2.  Answer "YES," by pressing "Y" to tell Outlook that you realize the
precious format of the message has changed.
3.  Press Jaws key plus A.  This latter step will display all the
attachments in a list box so you can arrow through them and open them
with ENTER.
The other option is simply to go to "File" and then "Save attachments."
Which you prefer is subjective and is influenced by what you intend to
do with the attachment.
Good luck!

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.