RE: Cannot edit Firefox 4 address bar with jaws 12

  • From: "Alex Stone" <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:24:12 +0100

Yes I get the same here too.
Cheers
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: 05 April 2011 16:52
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cannot edit Firefox 4 address bar with jaws 12

Hi all,

In Firefox 4, when I press <ctrl+l> or <alt+d> to edit the address bar, jaws
first says its current content but as soon as I press an arrow, <home> or
<end> key in order to edit it, jaws seems completely lost, only saying
"blank". The computer is running windows XP pro SP3.

Did anyone else notice this please? Is there a workaround for Jaws to say
what we are actually doing when moving around the "Address" combo box? This
problem did not occur with any version of Firefox 3.

I am posting this request to the jaws list because I also tried to edit
Firefox 4 address bar with NVDA on the same computer and it worked
perfectly.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D
Alternative archives located at:

Alternative archives located at: