Re: Can you understand this?

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:34:30 -0500

I have had this happen to me. JAWS speaks 'no links' at the opening, and it takes some time for the site to open.

If you hit Ins-NumPad 3, you may hear that the page is still opening. You just need to wait.

However, there are times that hitting the status combination will yield a "Done", but you still can't get the site to speak. I've tried the JAWS key in these instances, and the text is there, but I can't get the pc/virtual cursors to talk. In this case, I just hit alt-F4 and try again.

The site has been very busy lately, as the usage has grown tremendously, and the site is still debugging itself.

        - russ.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew J. LaPointe" <alapointe89@xxxxxxxxxxx>