Re: Can Jaws slow down your computer?

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:20:48 -0700

Hi,
I agree that reinstalling the OS should be a last resort. Norton securities
is a strong candidate on what is using many resources. You might be better
with using Norton anti-virus program with another program as your firewall.

Something else to consider is if you are using battery power on your system
the more things you have plugged into it will drain the battery and slow
down your system. USB devices all take power from the system.

Also don't forget to check your system tray and turn off anything you are
not using as someone else had mentioned.

HTH

Rich Sherman