RE: Can JAWS damage Word files?

  • From: "Jablonski, James (LNI)" <JABL235@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:49:45 -0800

With Word2000 under WindowsXPpro, and hooked to a network, I found Word's
Normal.dot file  stashed at

C:\Documents and Settings\myXXXX\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot

Where the myXXXX part is my logon I D to the network.  If you're on a
stand-alone PC, with no logon, that subdirectory part won't exist on your
system. It seems that's where Word wants to find its "Normal.dot" file.

JamesJ