Re: Can I stop Jaws saying "edit" constantly as I compose and edit an email?

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:49:49 -0700

Alex,

Well, Jaws isn't quite playing that old trick on me. As I think I said, I
sort of figured out how to stop it. One, make sure the window for the new
message I'm composing and editing is maximized. This matters sometimes, and
other times it doesn't. But here it does matter.

Then, I press the insert/escape command once or twice and arrow up and down
again, and jaws finally stops saying edit on every line. But not until I do
that screen refresh thing, usually more than just once. Go figure.