RE: Cakewalk info

  • From: "Christopher Bartlett" <cwbtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:28:46 -0800

It is my understanding that Producer does include 5.1 channel encoding.
As it is offered on the Dancing Dots web site:
httP://www.dancingdots.com/
Without any mention of different scripts, I'd presume it is their
contention that Producer is equally accessible to the Studio edition.
 As for price, Dancing dots offers Studio for $579 and Producer for
$849.  I purchased my copy of Studio through
http://www.sweetwater.com/ for $295, which begs the question, who would
be idiotic enough to buy it from Dancing Dots.  Sweetwater listed
Producer for a little less than $600 if I remember correctly.

Incidentally, I can highly recommend Sweetwater for good customer
service, for being willing to work honestly with newbies (me) and for a
return program that allows you to try things for an extended period of
time before being fully committed to them.  I also got my shipping costs
($50 ground in my case) waived, including the insurance of the $1,100+
package of shtuff I ordered.

        Chris Bartlett