Re: Burning a CD Accessibly with Easy CD-Da Extractor

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 13:16:30 -0700

Hi again, Chris,
I just tried the directions below, and although I'm sure you know what
you're doing when you do this, it's not as clear as you may want to explain
it.  For instance, if you simply press alt a, you open the Actions menu,
which isn't what you meant.  You need to open the Edit menu, and then the
letter a will initiate the Add Files procedure.  Also, I realized that once
I'd gotten that started, I had to tab around and back and forth before I
understood which were the two places to select the drive, the folder and
then the files for this purpose.  Then, I didn't realize that the command
Open means "to put these files into the list you're adding files to."  Open?
How does that mean that?  But since you said to click on it, I did.  I mean,
press the space bar.  Anyway, out of curiosity and appreciation for your
suggestion, I persisted with this a little confusedly until I finally got
all the pieces in place and started the file conversion at the right time.
So, I see your method.  But I really have to say it is a *whole* lot simpler
just to go to where the files are on your hard drive, select them, put up
the context menu, find the option to do whatever you want to do to them with
the program, be taken automatically to the program, and then just hit the
control button or F8 to begin the conversion or whatever you're doing.
after trying that just twice, I can do it a heck of a lot faster than the
time it took me to describe the sequence here.

So, maybe you might like to check out that method, too?  In any case, thanks
again for your suggestion, which helped me to understand what's actually
being done when I do it in an automated way from the context menu.
Daniel