Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Pronounciation Dictionaries in JAWS 11

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:31:38 -0700

Bill,

I didn't notice that difference in the case sensitivity. Good to know.

I was able to see the formatting differences by opening these JDF files in
Notepad. They are easily editable as a text file.

In fact, I've done some brute-force additions to my dictionaries in minutes,
rather than hours by this method.

For example in my music scoring software the pronunciation of note names
like B, D, and G are sometimes hard for me to discern. So I set up an entire
list of all note names, with sharps and flats, that use the Bravo, Delta,
Golf pronunciation, to avoid any mistakes. That would have been a lot of
words to add in the usual manner.

Dave