Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Video Card Compatibility

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:39:34 -0700

Can't remember for sure, why not 10. But I recall it really mucking up the
system and since it changed the video chain scheme, could not simply go back to
using my installation of JAWS 9. I do recall that even the most simple
navigation in Notepad was broken with JAWS 10.

The resolution was to completely rip everything JAWS and Freedom Scientific
from the registry and do a full-blown install of good old JAWS 9. I never knew
my IT guy could sweat so much.

After that, I wouldn't touch JAWS 10 and waited for either a very-much improved
JAWB (that's intentionally spelled J-A-W-B for Job Access Without Bugs), or
else wait for JAWS 11. I have JAWS 11.

Dave