Re: [Bulk] Re: A JAWS question for outlook express

  • From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:57:57 -0700

Hi Alice,

I am using XP/SP3 Home, Office 2002 Home, Outlook Express 6, & Jaws 8, 9, &
10 latest.  This is what I do to strip out any of that extraneous  crap when
I use Word Pad.
1. As you said, Control + A to select all.
2. Open Word Pad, but don't paste yet.
3. Press Alt + E for the edit menu.
4. Arrow up or down to paste special and press enter or press the letter " S
".
5. Now Jaws should read " paste special, source, as unformatted text 1 of
1."  If you have more than 1 choice here arrow up or down until you get to
unformatted text and press enter.  You have now pasted that Email without
any of the extra crap.
Note;  If there are any links of any nature in the Email they will no longer
work after doing this clean up process.
There is a program called Email Stripper that works very well when wanting
to clean up Email.  The direct download link is below.

http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Email/emailstripper.exe

Hope this helps.  I almost forgot.  The steps above will work in MS Word
also.  Take care.
Mike