Re: [Bulk] Pac Mate e-mail list

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:43:05 -0800

Here you go. It's part of the welcome message I got some time ago.

List is a mailing list designed and operated to help PAC Mate users
get the most out of the first accessible Pocket PC device in the
world!  The PAC Mate is an extremely powerful tool and toy.  It gives
us the power of WiFi, Blue tooth, Internet Explorer, Pocket Word,
Pocket Excel, Instant Messaging, complete integration with Microsoft
Outlook and much more.  The user interface is designed to be very
similar to the desktop version of JAWS so not only do you get the
power of JAWS, you get the power of scripting for JAWS.  This means
that you can download any software created for the Pocket PC platform
and run it on your PAC Mate and if the developer wasn't accessibility
oriented, you can always script the application, making it accessible.

Conversations on the PAC Mate List include: * Stories of how we use
our PAC Mates to make life more efficient and fun. * Questions
concerning efficient methods of navigating applications. * Stories of
how well hardware peripherals work with the PAC Mate. * Scripting for
JAWS for Pocket PC. * And more!

The PAC Mate list has been, at times, very high traffic and to
eliminate off topic messages that clog up our mailboxes the list is
tightly moderated. It is important to note that we discuss only topics
relating to the PAC Mate on the PAC Mate list.  Comparisons of the PAC
Mate with other products is welcome, but 100 percent discussion of
other products is not tolerated.  There are plenty of other lists on
the web to discuss other products.  If you do not agree with this
rule, please unsubscribe by sending a blank email to:

Okay, now that I've got the grumpy stuff out of the way I should let
you know that the list is very useful and there are lots of genuine
and helpful folk subscribed to the list.  Please be respectful and
courteous to everyone so we can all get the most out of the list.

Also, be sure and check out pacmategear.com for tons of useful links
and even streaming audio.  You can submit your own stories in audio,
too!

Have fun, David PAC Mate List Moderator
PACMateListModerator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  PMList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

subscription page at:

  http://pacmategear.com/mailman/options/pmlist_pacmategear.com/

  PMList-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your pacmategear.com mailing list
passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you
prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to
unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on
your options page that will email your current password to you.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.