Re: [Bulk] 5 MINUTES FOR JAWS ON START UP PC

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:43:40 -0800

OF course it depends on the speed of your OS, and whether your hard drive is
fragmented, among other things. Also depends on how many other services are

If your file system is corrupted due to an improper shutdown it needs to do a
file check, which takes quite a bit of time.

I have noticed that my 2 Gig Laptop takes about 1 minute to come up with JAWS
when not connected to a LAN, and about 2 minutes when connected to a LAN. Don't
know why.

I also know that about 30 seconds before JAWS begins to speak the actual prompt
for password has already appeared on the screen.

I've just gotten used to it being slower on boot up since version 5 or 6.

Dave