RE: Bug Fixes in JAWS 6.0

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:02:54 -0500

I'm interested in hearing why, as I use a DT express at work, and
eloquence at home, and really haven't felt there's much difference.
Perhaps there's just something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Chip

=20

> -----Original Message-----
> From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
> [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kerri
> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 12:17 AM
> To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Bug Fixes in JAWS 6.0
>=20
> Chris, I vehemently despise software synthesizers hence my=20
> dectalk use and this is the only version that has been rather=20
> sluggish.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:15 PM
> Subject: Re: Bug Fixes in JAWS 6.0
>=20
>=20
> man I guess I'm very lucky then. This version actually runs a=20
> little faster on my system than 5.10 did. Then again I'm=20
> using a hardware synthesizer which is probably the reason.=20
> Never did like software speech and never will based on what=20
> I've seen.  By the way, the murge feature is there. go to=20
> your jaws window with alt plus j, press alt u for utilities,=20
> and it's in there. or simply bring up the context menu if=20
> you're running jaws in the system tray and go to utilities=20
> and the murge utility is there.
>=20
> At 04:29 PM 12/21/2004, you wrote:
> >Hay, you mean, they haven't fixed any right? I'm sorry, I=20
> just couldn't=20
> >resist. In truth, this has been the worst version I've had the=20
> >misfortune to deal with in a long while. It runs terribley slow, I'm=20
> >getting false attachments, no merge feature anywhere. I love=20
> spending=20
> >money on this "improved" product. Sorry, I'm being a grinch.
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "RJ" <rjf1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:16 PM
> >Subject: Re: Bug Fixes in JAWS 6.0
> >
> >
> >You are looking right, there just isn't any bugs.
> >Smiling here.
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
> >To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:15 PM
> >Subject: Bug Fixes in JAWS 6.0
> >
> >
> > > Good Afternoon,
> > >
> > >     I had a migraine when JAWS 6.0 was released and am trying to=20
> > > catch up with list mail before installing the new release.
> > >
> > >     I've looked over the What's New section for 6.0 and=20
> could swear=20
> > > that there used to be a section on bug fixes, but I'm not=20
> finding it=20
> > > for this version.  Am I having another senior moment, or=20
> did FS not=20
> > > do it this time, or am I looking in the wrong place on=20
> the FS site? =20
> > > I've been looking at:
> > >
> > >
> >http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jaws60f
> ea.asp#JAW
> >S_Features
> > >
> > >     Thanks,
> > > Margaret
> > > iluvtoread@xxxxxxx
> > >
> > > --
> > > To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To=20
> > > unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> >jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the=20
> subject line.
> > > Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> > >
> > > If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the=20
> > > list, or
> >the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather=20
> >contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >
> >
> >--
> >To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To=20
> >unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=20
> >jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the=20
> subject line.
> >Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> >
> >If you have any concerns about the list, post received from=20
> the list,=20
> >or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the=20
> list. Rather=20
> >contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >
> >--
> >No virus found in this incoming message.
> >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> >Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.3 - Release Date: 12/21/2004
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >--
> >No virus found in this outgoing message.
> >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> >Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.3 - Release Date: 12/21/2004
> >
> >--
> >To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To=20
> >unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=20
> >jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the=20
> subject line.
> >Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> >
> >If you have any concerns about the list, post received from=20
> the list,=20
> >or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the=20
> list. Rather=20
> >contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> --
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=20
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the=20
> subject line.
> Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>=20
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from=20
> the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them=20
> to the list. Rather contact the list owner at=20
> jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.3 - Release Date: 12/21/2004
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.6.3 - Release Date: 12/21/2004
>=20
> --
> To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=20
> jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the=20
> subject line.
> Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>=20
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from=20
> the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them=20
> to the list. Rather contact the list owner at=20
> jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
--
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: