Re: Browser high jacked by Cool Web Search

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:14:09 -0500

Thanks, Mark.  I downloaded SpySweeper' from somewhere, and will try it on
the offended computer.  It's not very JFW friendly, but according to
something I found on Google (probably SpySweeper.com) it's a wonderful
program and will do the job.  The web site gave me lengthy instructions,
including that most frightful of computer words, 'registry', as it
explained how to get rid of Cool Web Search.  Once I was thoroughly
intimidated, shaking in my boots, it offered the alternative of using
SpySweeper.

The first run on my own computer discovered and got rid of 25 cookies.  Of
course, I could probably have deleted them in Internet Explorer.  Oh,
well.  It's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ann