Braille question - locking focus

  • From: Shane W <shane-jfw@xxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 01:46:08 -0700

Hey all,

I'm a fairly new refreshable braille user so appologies if
this is a simple thing. I'm using Jaws 10/Vista and 11/win7
with a Focus 40 blue and Eloquence in school. A typical
problem or assignment will have me reading the assignment
in msword and entering data into Excel. So I'm constantly
alt-tabbing from one app to the other fetching data and
inputing it into appropriate cells. I'm wondering if I
can't be in Excel with Eloquence but have the braille
display reading the msword file and just using the scroll
wheels to scroll in word. That way I am entering data
similar to how a sited student would do it, reading it
using one medium (paper) and inputing into excel on the
keyboard, saving all the task switching. So in effect, I
want to lock the braille focus to a window regardless of
where actual focus moves. Can this be done? Any other
strategies if not?

Cheers,
Shane
Alternative archives located at: