Re: Braille Display not working after installing Jaws 11

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:05:15 +0000

Are you using the 64 bit edition of JAWS? If so then this could be the problem as whoever makes the Connect would have to develop and sign 64 bit drivers and get approved by Freedom Scientific before they will be made available to JAWS.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.
If you need help with your computer, or you just have a computer-related question, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

On 17/01/2010 21:35, Kristeen Hughes wrote:
MessageI put Jaws 11 on my main computer this morning after having problems
with Jaws10 and removing it. I use only the display as I don't like the voice
all day long. I see the display flash on boot up but then nothing. I've tried
to add it, but it's not there even though the driver is installed. It's a
braille connect 24. I'ave always seen it a tthe end of the list and could add
it, but not now. Does anyone know what's up

Kristeen Hughes
khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx