Re: Bookmarks in Word

  • From: BD <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:56:23 -0600

Sounds lame but if you just want to mark a specific place you have read to,
and want to find it later, I just enter "xxx", save it, and next time I
CTRL F to find the string xxx, then earase it and go on. If it is for
invisible bookmarking that obviously wouldn't work.

Brad

At 03:17 PM 12/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm pretty sure I remember reading a post on this list a couple of months
>ago that contained shortcut keys for inserting and accessing bookmarks in
>Microsoft Word, but I cannot find the info.  I searched the JFWLITE archives
>and have been unable to find it.
>I was working with a JFW 5.0 user, and when we tried inserting a bookmark
>into a document, sometimes the Add button could be tabbed to, and sometimes
>not.  I think he's using Word from Office 2000.
>
>I am using JFW 5.1 and Office 2002, and I have run into the same problem.  I
>go to a spot where I want to insert a bookmark, hit alt-I for insert.  Arrow
>down to bookmark, hit Enter, enter a short name for it, then tab.  Sometimes
>I find the Add button, and sometimes not.  I can go into the Jaws cursor and
>find it, but clicking it does not always seem to work.
>
>Can anyone help with this, and perhaps more importantly, is there a better
>technique for marking places in a document than using bookmarks?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jerry Berrier
>Shrewsbury, MA
>
>--

Brad

   Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is offering
  Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!