Bookmarks in Word

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry.berrier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw@Freelists. Org" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:17:01 -0500

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I remember reading a post on this list a couple of months
ago that contained shortcut keys for inserting and accessing bookmarks in
Microsoft Word, but I cannot find the info.  I searched the JFWLITE archives
and have been unable to find it.
I was working with a JFW 5.0 user, and when we tried inserting a bookmark
into a document, sometimes the Add button could be tabbed to, and sometimes
not.  I think he's using Word from Office 2000.

I am using JFW 5.1 and Office 2002, and I have run into the same problem.  I
go to a spot where I want to insert a bookmark, hit alt-I for insert.  Arrow
down to bookmark, hit Enter, enter a short name for it, then tab.  Sometimes
I find the Add button, and sometimes not.  I can go into the Jaws cursor and
find it, but clicking it does not always seem to work.

Can anyone help with this, and perhaps more importantly, is there a better
technique for marking places in a document than using bookmarks?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier
Shrewsbury, MA