RE: Bible study software

  • From: "Ralph Supernaw" <rsupernaw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:40:18 -0500

Here are a few random thoughts to get you started.  I've been using Libronix
for six or so years and so can't remember everything I've done to make it
work with Jaws.

As I wrote, Libronix (Logos) does not work very cleanly or even fully with
Jaws.  The first thing you'll need to do is go to the "tools" menu and
select options.  In one of the tabs you can set the interface to display in
windows classic format.  I also have Libronix set to start up in the same
place things were when I closed it (same resources open to the same pages).

Libronix is flaky when used with JFW 8.  You will find that the program will
shut down if you try to access submenus (such as "options" from the tools
menu).  This will not happen if you are running JFW 7.  I normally use JFW 8
unless I need to access submenus.

You will find some places where you must use the Jaws curser and some where
you will want to turn off the virtual curser.

I have screen echo set to "all."  By doing this Jaws will automatically read
when I open a resource.  I can move over the text with the Jaws cursor and
hotspots will speak.  For example, when I move the Jaws cursor to a
scripture reference in a commentary I will hear Jaws read that verse when it
pops up.

Try these things and then write with any questions you might have.

Here is a list of keboard commands you can use in Libronix.

LDLS 3.0 Keyboard Shortcuts

F1=
Libronix DLS Help

F3=
Next Search Result or Find NextShift+F3=
Previous Search Result or Find Previous

F4=
Next Note

Shift+F4=
Previous Note

Ctrl+F4
=Close Window

Alt+F4=
Exit Application

F6
=Next Pane

Shift+F6=
Previous Pane

Ctrl+F6=
Next Window

Ctrl+Shift+F6=
Previous Window

Ctrl+1=
Go To Bookmark 1

Ctrl+Shift+1=
Set Bookmark 1

Ctrl+2=
Go To Bookmark 2

Ctrl+Shift+2=
Set Bookmark 2

Ctrl+3=
Go To Bookmark 3

Ctrl+Shift+3=
Set Bookmark 3

Ctrl+4=
Go To Bookmark 4

Ctrl+Shift+4=
Set Bookmark 4

Ctrl+5=
Go To Bookmark 5

Ctrl+Shift+5=
Set Bookmark 5

Ctrl+6=
Go To Bookmark 6

Ctrl+Shift+6=
Set Bookmark 6

Ctrl+7
=Go To Bookmark 7
Ctrl+Shift+7=
Set Bookmark 7

Ctrl+8=
Go To Bookmark 8

Ctrl+Shift+8=
Set Bookmark 8

Ctrl+9=
Go To Bookmark 9

Ctrl+Shift+9=
Set Bookmark 9

Ctrl+A
=Select All

Ctrl+B=
Note Files: Bold

Ctrl+C=
Copy

Ctrl+Shift+C
=Contents Pane

Ctrl+D=
Add to Favorites

Ctrl+F=
Find

Ctrl+Shift+F=
Note Files: Font

Ctrl+G=
Activate first text box or drop-down list in window toolbar

Ctrl+Shift+H=
Activate Help window

Ctrl+I
=Note Files: Italic

Ctrl+Shift+I=
Information Window

Ctrl+K=
Apply Visual Markup or Insert Reference

Ctrl+Shift+K=
Erase Visual Markup

Ctrl+L
=My Library
Ctrl+Shift+L=
Locator Pane
Ctrl+N=
New Document

Ctrl+Shift+N=
New Window

Ctrl+O=
Open Document

Ctrl+P=
Print

Ctrl+R=
Reference Browser

Ctrl+Shift+S=
Standard Search

Ctrl+T=
Topic Browser

Ctrl+Shift+T=
Activate "Tip" window

Ctrl+U=
Note Files: Underline

Ctrl+V=
Paste

Ctrl+W
=Close Window

Ctrl+Shift+W
=Close All Windows

Ctrl+X=
Cut

Ctrl+Y=
Redo

Ctrl+Z=
Undo

Ctrl+Shift+Z=Redo

Ctrl+Shift+,=Zoom Out

Ctrl+Shift+.=
Zoom In

Alt+Backspace=Undo

Alt+Shift+Backspace=Redo

Tab=Activate next text box or drop-down list in window toolbar

Shift+Tab=
Activate previous text box or drop-down list in window toolbar

Ctrl+Tab=
Activate most recently activated window

Ctrl+Shift+Tab=
Activate least recently activated window

Alt+Space
=Display system menu of main window

Alt+Hyphen=
Display system menu of active window

Alt+Home
=Home Page

Ctrl+Alt+Home=Close all windows and open Home Page

Ctrl+PgUp=
Previous Resource

Ctrl+PgDn
=Next Resource