Backup questions

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:34:17 -0600

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying an external hard drive for making backups of all my
important files.  After some looking around, I've found that most of these
external hard drives include backup image software.  There was a recent
discussion on the list about this type of software and it was determined that
Jaws will not work with any image software because of the fact that you're
required to boot your computer into DOS in order to run the application.  So,
with this being the case, the only alternative is to get sighted assistance to
help you get through the process of running the software and making the backup.
 My question is, I'd like to get a backup image utility that is fairly
intuitive and easy to use, so that I can guide someone who is not so computer
saavy through the process.  Has anyone had any good experiences using this type
of software?  Any recommendations?  Thanks.

Michael