Re: BLINK WITH JAWS

  • From: Agent86b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:26:23 +1000

Hi Dean,
this was the personal version you checked out?
Thanks for your effort. I might give it a go then.
Max.
on 16:07 15/05/2007, Dean Martineau said:
I'm not sure I'm ready to agree with the conclusion that Blink is so
hard to use with JAWS.  It isn't effortless, but in part that
situation is due to the fact that Blink is a very powerful program
and I don't understand a lot of hat it does.  The review I read said
that it isn't a good program for novices because it offers much more
power than other security programs aimed at t his market.

while in the program's main window, hitting ctrl+o brings up the
options dialog.  that dialog has pretty good keyboard navigation.  I
could look  at the various schedules the program offers and change
them all via keyboard.  In the main window, the menu bar doesn't
speak, but one can just hit alt, then down arrow to read the first
menu, and can repeat this, simply hitting right arrow one or more
times before starting the down arrows, to examine all the menu
options.  Some tool bar buttons contain text labels.  the manual is a
large pdf which converted effortlessly to text using TextPal.

the program isn't perfectly accessible, but my present impression is
that anybody who can figure out its technical complexity will
probably be able to use most of it.  I have yet to see what it will
do while scanning, or when it detects an invasion.

Dean