Re: Azhar.msn 6.2 problemo with jaws 5

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:16:25 -0500

Hi,

There are a few check boxes that you have to clear for MSN 6.2 to work at
its best for you.
1. Open up a conversation window, even if the person is offline or away, it
doesn't matter.
2. hit the alt key and right arrow over to tools.
3. Arrow down to where it says, show toolbars submenu. right arrow into this
menu.  You'll see formatting and Standard.  Make sure that they are both
unchecked. it may look like only one is checked, but they both are.
You may have to do the above steps twice to clear each checkbox.  So, just
do what I just wrote above twice and make sure that both Standard and
Formatting are unchecked.  To uncheck them, just hit enter on the one that's
checked and that will uncheck it, and it closes that window at the same
time.

But wait, we're not done yet...
Now, go back to tools like before.
Now, up arrow to options and hit enter.
It will put you into your personal tab.
Tab through this list.  uncheck everything that has anything to do with
display pictures and sharing webcams.
There are two check boxes for display pictures. Uncheck both of those.
There's one check box for webcams, uncheck that as well.  Hit OK and that
should fix the problems.  Now MSN 6.2 should work for you.
You also may want to upgrade to JAWS 5.10 just to be sure that everything
works as it should.  I hope that my instructions made sense.   Jack