Re: Avast

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:12:08 -0600

Avast plays well with Jaws 8 and 9. I have no prior versions.

It runs free for three months at the end of which one must register. Registration has a captia, that is a visual recognition thing. They probably use this to fight people who steal registration numbers and then sell the free program. What I did was stick the registration page in favorites and wait for a friendly neighborhood sighted person to pass by. One can also write to support and request the code. That registration last a given amount of time which I don't remember, at least a year.

I suppose we can object till we're blue in the face about captia, but the program is free. ----- Original Message ----- From: "2 Feathers" <twofeatherstp@xxxxxxxxx>