RE: Authorization key will not install under Windows XP

  • From: "Pickrell, Rebecca M." <rebecca.pickrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:31:42 -0700

Hi. Have you tried installing JFW using the same authorization disk on a
machine that is not running Windows ME? I say this because we had ME for about
two years and had all kinds of trouble, not just with JAWS but with a number of
other programs Verizon DSL's software and a number of the games my husband
plays being another example.

Are you using a floppy disk or a dongol version?

The dongol version sounds useless and I sincerely hope FS rethinks that plan.
There should be no reason why a code can't be transmitted over the internet or
provided on floppy disk (or some other such media) as well.  I would be very
rulctant to use the dongol version if it meant I had to always have the device
plugged into my usb port. Why waste a good port when there is no reason for it
to be wasted?