Re: Audio Enriched Links Purpose

  • From: Peter Parente <parente@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx, jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 07:23:02 -0400

David,

Almost all the ideas I included in the previews were based on
recommendations from the W3 or other research. Of course, my software
would be completely unnecessary if either the web browser itself or JAWS
reported this additional information about links. If JAWS were to
implement it, I would be quite happy. If Internet Explorer (or another
browser) were to provide additional information about links, then it
would be a boon to all users, not just JAWS users. I could even imagine
having previews for people with vision so that when they hover the mouse
cursor over a link, additional information about the next page pops up,
perhaps even a screenshot. In fact, a research paper called Enriched
Links (by Gary Geisler) that talks exactly about these visual previews
was my primary motivation for creating Audio Enriched Links.

Pete