Re: Audible Verification code for Pay Pal account

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:56:33 -0600

Thanks for the instructions, Russell. Crazy way to do it but I'll give it a go. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Russell Solowoniuk" <RSOLOWONIUK@xxxxxxx>

To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:12 PM
Subject: RE: Audible Verification code for Pay Pal account

Hi Bobcat,

If you're still interested in setting up an account, it can be done. When on
the page that is asking for you to type the verification code, go to
View>Source. This will open the code of the page in notepad. Do a search for
"secret.wav" and when you find it copy the entire URL, which will end with
"secret.wav to the clipboard. Then go back to the page, press CTRL+N to open
a new webpage, press CTRL+O and paste in the URL you just copied and press
enter. The correct verification should now be read out to you. If you didn't
catch it at first, just alt tab back to Real Player or whatever player you
use and press CTRL+P to play it again. I know it's a pain, but for now it's
a workaround till Pay Pal gets their act together.

HTH

Russell