Attachmate Extra with JFW

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:59:30 +0100

Hi
I am a mainframe user, connecting via the Attachmate Extra 3270 Emulator
version 6.7 using Windows 2000 and JFW7.0.  Jaws and Extra 6.7 is not a
marriage made in heaven but is usable.

My PC has been upgraded to Windows XP Pro and Attachmate Extra X-treme version
8 and I cannot get Jaws to track the cursor, and consequently, cannot acccess
the application.

Is there anyone on the list who has Extra X-treme who has got Jaws working
under Xp that can advise me of how to resolve this issue?  I have set up Extra
version 8 the same way as I set up version 6.7, which was to set the cursor to
a blinking underline shape.  In jaws terms, I did a Class reassignment of the
Extra window to a Multi-line edit box.  Extra scripts are supplied with Jaws
but these do not seem to have been updated since 1999.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mullins
Analyst/Programmer
Management Systems
Experian | Landmark House 1 | Experian Way | Nottingham | NG80 1ZZ
T: +44 (0) 115 82 86469
chris.mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail has come from Experian, winner of the UK's 'Business of the Year'
2003 and 2005.

Find out about The Experian Conference 2006, 16-17 October, at
www.experian.co.uk/conference2006

Information in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient Experian Limited (registration
number 653331) Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80
1TH

Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication
and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your
own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.