Assigning Control+Alt Hotkeys To Microsoft Applications

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <hardy_grant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"JFWLite List" <JFWLite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:48:14 -0800

Hello:
Here's a question that, believe it or not, has stumped me for sometime: how
exactly does one assign a control+alt hotkey to a Microsoft application?
Traditionally, of course, one would locate the menu item, go to the Shortcut
tab under properties and tab to "Shortcut key".
However, for menu options such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, etc., this
process will not work correctly; all of these options are grayed out.  In fact,
the only way I've found to function is to create another shortcut for that
application myself, then assign the hotkey to that.

Grant