Re: Ares P2P

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:03:14 -0600

Hi David,

You can download it here:

http://www.download.com/Ares-P2P/3000-2196_4-10454106.html?tag=lst-0-5

  This is what I've found, just so you know.  You go ahead and download this
free version.  If you decide you'd like to purchase the Pro version, you'll
have that option when you run Ares P2P.  Here's the other interesting thing
I've found.  The version of this software you download on their homepage
(www.aresp2p.net) appears to be different than the version they offer on
Download.Com.  The version you get from Download.Com, which by the way is the
link I included at the very top of this email, does not appear to install any
adware.  On the other hand, if you download the software off the homepage, you
get some annoying adware installed on your computer.  Needless to say, download
the version that is on Download.Com.  What I did was went ahead and uninstalled
the adware filled version and installed the clean version that I got off of
Download.Com.  Now it would appear the only major differences between the free
and pro versions is that you get more search results and faster downloads.
However, I'm still hesitent to buy this Pro version because the makers of this
software have not answered any of my emails.  That's an issue with me because
if I went ahead and purchased the Pro version and came upon a problem, I don't
know if I could count on these guys.  Anyhow, if you decide to go ahead and buy
the Pro version anyway, let everyone here on the list know how it works for
you.  We'd all like to know!  In the meantime, I'm going to keep this free
version.  At least now, I don't have to worry about the adware and I have
something that works very nicely with Jaws.

  Michael