Apostrophe Sometimes Not Recognized

  • From: KANE BROLIN <k.brolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:49:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, folks.  I have a fairly simple question about something that falls into the
annoyance category.

I?ve noticed, when running Microsoft Word 10 with JFW 6.20, that JFW doesn?t
always recognize an apostrophe for what it is.  So it will mispronounce words
with contractions in them.  (I?ve sounds like ?I V E? instead of ?Ive.?)  Also,
placing my cursor directly over an apostrophe or a quotation mark will result
in JFW being silent instead of identifying that character as an apostrophe or a
quote?as if the program is not seeing it.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I don?t think I?ve made any changes to a
JAWS dictionary entry that would have caused this to happen, and JFW doesn?t
seem to miss other punctuation marks such as comma or period.

Just wondering,

-Kane