Anti-virus - AVG / MS Essentials

  • From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:19:59 -0400

Dear Sam,
I have the paid version of AVG now, but I used the FREE version for many years
and it is true, it does slow down your computer a bit, depending how much RAM
you have I suppose, so yes, I set it to do a "Full System" scan late at night
when I am less active on my computer, reading a book or listening to a dvs
movie or whatever.

Yes you must use the jaws cursor, but very easy that way to negotiate anything!

Most folks will not agree with me, but I simply do not trust the same people
who allowed such security holes or cracks in your Operating System, (Microsoft)
to give you something to stop viruses, mal ware, spy ware!

And mark my words, it will not be "Free" forever, just till Microsoft believe
they have captured the market, destroyed the anti-virus program manufacturers,
then they shall drop the bomb shell that it will now cost you!
LOL!
An old marketing trick!

I shall keep this message, so I can say "I told you so"!

AVG has never let me down,!
You can purchase a AVG Disk which comes with a 2 year subscription to New
definitions, Off-The-Shelf, in any computer store for $29, cheaper than on
their Web Site!
Why cheaper purchased in a store, I have no idea!
But it updates twice a day, and I trust it completely!

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President
"Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org