Anti virus and Spyware

  • From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 20:22:17 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for the recommendations on the Anti virus and
spyware programs I inquired about. I did look into all of the suggestions.
And this is what I did.

I ran a virus check before starting. I really didn’t think it was necessary
to unplug anything.

I downloaded spybot and got it up and running on all of the computers. It
did seem as if the hesitation was lessened. But still slow at times.

I went to the Symantec site and used the removal tool. I did this on all of
the computers in the house. I did this because I had Norton on all of the
computers before I changed to Mcafee. Then I did the same thing with the
Mcafee site. Downloaded the removal tool and ran it too.

Once done with that, I installed the AVG Anti virus free home addition. I
ran a virus check on all of the computers after installing, and found
nothing.

I used Mcafee for about 3 years, and I would have sworn to it.  and I still
would. but, I was getting tired of It not being Jaws accessible.

I can’t believe how Jaws friendly AVG is. I

Just hope I don’t live to regret the switch.

O yeah, one more thing, I also downloaded windows defender, and it is
running great too.

Once again, thanks to all for the suggestions.

Very much appreciated.

Roger Bachelder

3:33 PM