Re: Another take free discussion on the thread Jaws 8 a disapointment - my opinion

  • From: "ptusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:32:47 -0400

Hi,
Pardon me, butI thought all kinds of people were on this list with varying levels of knowledge. Today, I learned 1 new keystroke and was reminded of whatI already knew duringthis thread.

What is being missed here is that let's say 40% of a given group of users experience a problem and fill out the forms etc. But they do not know if their experience is typical of their situation "only" or more genneral.

Last summer a persistent MAGIC usage problem with JAWS was solved because people compared notes here and elsewhere and the combined knowledge led to a fix. Until then, people werespending hours and hours wasting time uninstalling and doing repairs, writing tech support without solutions and we would had gotten nowhere without
the power of numbers of folks speaking up
as the fault  was finally located and fixed in the software.

I can think of 9 fixes that I remember over the years that required some form of sharing to refine extent and completeness of said issue.

F S seriously wants to make the software the best possible and this post should not offend any one as
no software is perfect and we can help each other.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxxxxx>