Annoying Jaws stuttering on the gmail site

  • From: Ann <tate886@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:48:52 -0400

Hi folks,

I am having a problem with my Jaws10, latest version, and the Gmail site. Unless I set the site to display either the Basic HTML view, or the Older Version of the Standard view, Jaws will stutter very badly. It tends to say the first syllable, or a lot of times not even all of the first syllable, of anything I attempt to read on that site when it is in its newest version of the standard view.

I've tested this with three different synthesizers, Trippletalk Internal, Eloquence, and Sapi5, and it happens the same with each one. I've also tried it in both IE7 and Firefox, latest versions of each, with the same results. This only happens on the GMail site.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other then using the older version of Standard view or Basic HTML, which doesn't have the features I want to use, like being able to select all messages on a single page at one time?

Thanks.

~Ann
Alternative archives located at: