Annoying Floating Bar

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:34:43 -0400

Thank you, Tom. I'll try this when it next appears.

In the meantime, a friend figured out that although she couldn't get JAWS to
eliminate the bar, a sighted friend detected a checkbox in the upper right
-hand corner. When checked, the bar disappeared.

With that in mind, I brought up the bar via the shift-F10 windows list,
switched to the JAWS cursor, moved the cursor to the top of the screen and
located an icon or other symbol that I hadn't found either with the PC or JAWS
cursor before. I took a risk, pressed insert-PC on it, and the bar disappeared.
I'll be looking to see if it returns.