Re: Announcing Highlighted text

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:20:36 -0600

Hi,

You're right of coarse, I'd just arrow down to the end of the paragraph as well. This is how I've always done it since I never really knew the Insert+Shift+Down arrow command. I passed every test but the Window Eyes test which isn't surprising because I was never comfortable with Window eyes anyway. Window Eyes has one of the most convoluted keyboard command schemes I've ever encountered. I kind of chuckled when you mentioned how Window Eyes squeezed out my answer to this particular question about announcing selected text. I think this description applied more towards another question on the test where I just absolutely blew it. One of the questions on the Jaws test asked what the command was for bringing up the System tray list. The answer, of coarse, was Insert+F11. But for some unearthly reason, my brain just switched into Window Eyes mode and I sat there for like five minutes trying to think what the Window Eyes command was to accomplish this and I ultimately put down a Window Eyes answer. It wasn't until I actually got to the Window Eyes test and this same question about how to bring up the System Tray came up again that I realized I had supremely goofed. I felt so stupid because I use Insert+f11 in Jaws all the time. And once you move on to another test, you're not allowed to go back to change your answers. But as it turned out, it wasn't a big deal because I did pass the Jaws portion. I was tested on Jaws, Microsoft Word, Windows XP, and Window Eyes. Like you, I'm amused by all the attention this topic has attracted. When I brought it up, I thought it was a pretty simplistic thing. I had no idea it would get as much reaction as it has.

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>