Re: Announcing Highlighted text

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:13:54 -0800

Hi,

Again, first of all, please understand that to say that something is
highlighted of course means what you describe, that it's in a different
color to call attention to it and mark it off.  But as I said, you  see,
this is simply the visible *evidence* of the actual action, which is
selecting something.  I'm sorry, but there's a distinction.  It's really
helpful to be precise when speaking of things like this.

As for the example you give, it isn't so wrong an example at all.  But all I
can say is that I often select all sorts of stuff, whether a few words or a
bunch of paragraphs or half a document or whatever.  How much doesn't
matter.  But if I want to be sure that things are just right, say, at the
end of a selected portion that I've selected with, you know, what is it,
control shift down arrow, yes?  I just use my up and down-arrow keys to
explore, to unselect or select at that point.  It's become second nature to
me.  I'd much rather do this than, having selected something like a block of
250 words on a document page, use this command so that I have to sit and
listen to the entire block until it gets to the end and I can hear that
everything I wanted to select is selected, but not anything I didn't want to
select.

Interesting how the Window Eyes command got into your brain and squeezed out
the jaws command.  Did you pass the exams?
unto , I ntohoutside