American Heritage Englis-Spanish EReference dictionary with Jaws? nbg

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:10:44 -0800

Hi,

I'm about the download the trial version of the EReference American Heritage
Dictionary of the English language, and on that Web page I saw an ad for a
stand-alone English-Spanish dictionary that sounded nice, also.  Does anyone
know how well this one can be accessed with Jaws, and whether there are jaws
scripts written to make it accessible if that's what's needed?

Also, it's hard for me to imagine how this will sound with Jaws.  If only
Jaws would respond in a language-sensitive way to what it read, that would
be great (the way it automatically reads some emails with a British accent,
and so forth), but I have no idea whether it would do this with such a
product.  It isn't so much that I anticipate needing to hear a word
pronounced in order to learn it all the time, but I do pale at the thought
of having to make sense of most words by tracing them character by character
with Jaws after hearing a nonsensical reading of them.

Any help from experienced people will be appreciated.