Re: Alva, Jaws 7 issues

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:11:00 -0400

Crystal, sorry as I am to hear of your problem, I am also relieved. I have an
Alva Satellite that does precisely the same thing as of Jaws 7. I don't recall
whether or not I had the problem with Jaws 6xx because I didn't play much with
that version. But, as of 7.0, I cannot bring up Jaws from a cold boot and get
the display to respond. Once Jaws has been brought up, either by 5.084 as I do,
then dropped and brought up again, the Alva comes up without a hitch. I spoke
to the tech people at FS about this and I was directed to get a better driver,
not a happy recommendation, you'll admit.

With your permission, I'm going to send this correspondence to development at
FS with the fervent hope that they will look into this problem.

Jerry