Adobe and Jaws helpful hint

  • From: BD <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JFW List <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:02:27 -0600

I saw some messages on Adobe not working properly and wondered if this
might work for you, or if you had a better solution. I too had some of the
same issues of opening a document and it not reading or perhaps reading the
first page or two and then nothing. Perhaps there is yet an easier use of
the program besides what I list below, I heard someone mention about
setting it to continuous scroll or  something. This is what I've found to
be the solution...

Open a document and press INS Down Arrow to read... note some books have
their copyright and other info there and many times there is sections of
blank pages. when you are down to the bottom of that page, press CTRL Page
Down, and this is where I assumed before you'd automatically start at the
top of that page, but you don't you need to then press CTRL Home to get to
the top of that page and then start reading again. So a process would go
like this...

Open a document.
Read with INS Down Arrow
CTRL Page Down to next page
CTRL HOME to top of that page
INS Down Arrow to read to bottom
CTRL Page Down to next page
CTRL Home to top of that page
INS Down Arrow to read

and so on.

  This seems to work for me using Jaws 5.813 Dongle version XP Pro and
Adobe Full version 6.0.111

Hope this helps.

Brad