Adobe 6 freeze-up with Jaws 5.0

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:35:25 -0500

Hello,

I'm running windows XP with JFW 5.0 and often when running Adobe reader 6,
that program will freeze up and become very sluggish at best.  I can Alt-Tab
to other programs, minimize all apps, and generally move around windows, but
the system is extremely sluggish.  When this happens I close Adobe with an
Alt F4 or some other method and then get the system message "this program is
not responding " etcetera and I opt to "end task" and at that point the
system returns to normal.

It often happens when I use the Control-F search window from adobe, and
often when I use the jaws cursor.  I can't detect any reliable pattern as to
when or why it happens.

I'm about to go into the preferences dialogs and see if there is a setting
that jumps out at me, and if anyone has had this or a similar problem with
adobe please let me know.

Phil Halton