Re: Admin: State of the list.

  • From: <djasister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:09:56 -0500

Please add me after holiday.

Devona
djasister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: James Homuth
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 5:43 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Admin: State of the list.

All,

As many of you are no doubt aware, Freelists suffered a nearly 48-hour downtime
for reasons still as yet unknown to the list's administration team. Due to this
and the fact obtaining explanations from Freelists for the downtime is proving
difficult, the JFW list will later today be moving to a new host. Effective
approximately 9:00 PM EST tonight, posting to this list by non-admin staff will
be disabled. Effective some point tomorrow afternoon EST, any members of the
list not moved over to the new host will be manually subscribed. Anyone who
would like to subscribe before then, please send an email to the
administrators, either myself or Jessica, to receive information re: moving
yourself to the new list. I hope a majority of the community will move over
with us, as we've had some pretty sweet discussions over here and I'd like to
continue having them minus incidents similar to that which we just had. If you
have any questions, the usual admin address will remain in effect until we
finalize the move. I'm sending this to the new list as well, as there are
members who've already requested they be added to that list.

James,
List Admin