Re: Addaware 2007 with screenreaders

  • From: Moti Azrad <motia@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:18:26 +0200

Adrian,

I've updated this file and now, the same screen but with the date:
14.01.08

HTH

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician & Piano Tuner
motia@xxxxxxx
motiaz@xxxxxxxxx
azrad_moty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Israel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adrian,

I'm not sure if I learned this from someone here or on another list recently, but here's something that might help. Tab to the Status button on the AdAware interface. Now, and I forgot quite how I managed this, maybe it was by playing with the Jaws cursor or clicking on that button or both, but try to open up the information that this button is meant to provide. There'll be a list of report items here, and one of the very first ones will show the date on which you installed those updates, in one of those European style date formats that may mislead you for a moment until you hear the 08 and realize that you also just heard the day's date and 01 for January. Or in a different and likely unaccustomed order. You'll see what I mean.

If you find this line, then I believe you're seeing that your update was incorporated as you hoped it would be.

I know that all sounds a little vague, and that's how looking for this information felt, too. But I think that's the ticket.

Hope this helps.
From: "Matthew" <mdyer1@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, I do not have the program installed as I am using windows vista and not sure if It will work.

Matthew

From: "Matthew" <mdyer1@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi allm,

I am sending this message from levasoft regarding addaware. I thought you might be interested in this.

Matthew