Ad-aware 6.181 Uninstall Question

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

I went ahead and uninstalled Ad-aware 6.181 in order to install
the newer version of Ad-aware 6 SE and the new scripts for SE
via the jfwlite site for the scripts.

After uninstalling Ad-aware 6 I still see the following:

1. In the Programs menu -Lavasoft folder - and it is empty.

2. In Programs Files area - c:\program files\ - I still see the
lavasoft\adaware folder - and it has these 4 folders called
logs, quarantine, prefs, prefs.ref.old.

I need to know if the above should be still on my hard drive.
Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

I went to Lavasoft web site and found the following:

Ad-Aware 6x
You can uninstall Ad-aware 6 through your Add\Remove Programs in
your Control Panel, then delete the Lavasoft folder in your
Program Files. There is also
a file called UNWISE in the Ad-aware 6 folder that you can
double click to bring up the uninstaller.

If you do not have Ad-aware listed in your Add\Remove Programs,
or you get a message that it could not find the Install Log:
Look in your Lavasoft Ad-aware folder for a file called UNWISE
and run it, that will bring up the uninstall wizard.
If you still get the message:
You will need to do a manual uninstall. Not a difficult
proceedure, but will require one or two regedits.
Do the following:
1) Click on my computer and navigate to your Lavasoft folder and
delete it.
2) Delete your Lavasoft Ad-aware link in your start menu (If one
is there)
3) Delete the icon(s) for Ad-aware on your desktop.
Note: the following registry edits are not mandatory. The
entries will be redundant and not be an issue if left in there.
If you feel comfortable removing
them, then do so.
4) Open regedit and delete the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware
You may also have this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-aware
5) Empty your Recycle Bin (Optional)
6) Reboot
There are no other files that are located anywhere except the
Lavasoft Ad-aware folder.

--
Maybe this will help someone like me after one of you
understands my situation.

Thank you.